The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Lethargic, not eating, sick axolotl?

This is a discussion on Lethargic, not eating, sick axolotl? within the Sick Axolotl? forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; My 5 year old leucistic female axolotl has become slow, stiff and not at all interested in eating. I noticed ...

Sick Axolotl? Axolotl looking down in the gills? The doctors are in.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd May 2017   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Demodex is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lethargic, not eating, sick axolotl?

My 5 year old leucistic female axolotl has become slow, stiff and not at all interested in eating.
I noticed her change in behaviour because she's usually energetic and loves food. She hasn't eaten anything substantial for about 6 days.

I checked the water parameters and the nitrites were a little high, but nothing note worthy. She shares a tank mate (4 year old male) who seems unaffected so I'm unsure if the issue is to do with water quality.

I moved her to a separate container, keeping the temperature cool and doing daily water changes, but she still hasn't eaten and I'm beginning to worry.

Could this be some sort of infection or disease?

Demodex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axolotl, eating, sick, slow, stress

LinkBack