The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Help! Sick axolotl, what to do?

This is a discussion on Help! Sick axolotl, what to do? within the Sick Axolotl? forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; Hello everyone, one of my white axolotls is sick. Last week I noticed that he became very very skinny and ...

Sick Axolotl? Axolotl looking down in the gills? The doctors are in.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th June 2017   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: veerpeer is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Help! Sick axolotl, what to do?

Hello everyone,
one of my white axolotls is sick. Last week I noticed that he became very very skinny and he refused to eat. Also he didn't swim anymore but just floated at the surface of the water and doesn't react when I touch him. After some searching on the internet, I put him in the fridge for three days. After those three days I tried to feed him some worms, which he refused to eat again.

He hasn't been eating for more then a week now and he's skinnier than ever. I change the water he's in atm every day, but he doesn't seem to recover. Help, I don't want him to die. What do I need to do??!!

Sorry for the bad english.

veerpeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2017   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11
Default Re: Help! Sick axolotl, what to do?

I"m sorry no one has answered. I never kept axies myself, but when I had a newt not eating I would put it in a small container with a lot lf blackworms and see if I could tempt him. Only leave him in there about ten minutes or so and then put him back in his tank.

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | My Blog
Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2017   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: EggAndSausage has given good advice and informationEggAndSausage has given good advice and information
Default Re: Help! Sick axolotl, what to do?

Hello, I have kept 2 axie for several months and faced a ton of problems too. Fringing should not be your number one choice for treating sick axies. Check you water levels because that could be a problem.Also, it could be something wrong with the temp which should be 63-73F. If you have any other questions, call Seirra Aquatics because they have a lot of info about axies, Their number is(775)-825-4215. Hope this helps you!

EggAndSausage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axolotl, not eating, sick, skinny

LinkBack