The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Axolotl Isn't Pooping

This is a discussion on Axolotl Isn't Pooping within the Sick Axolotl? forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; Hello everyone! I have to lovely axolotls that are about 5-6 months old. They used to poop A BUNCH (at ...

Sick Axolotl? Axolotl looking down in the gills? The doctors are in.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th July 2017   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: katbeck99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Axolotl Isn't Pooping

Hello everyone! I have to lovely axolotls that are about 5-6 months old. They used to poop A BUNCH (at least once a day). Recently, they haven't been pooping. One of them pooped a few days ago, but one of them hasn't pooped in a week and a half. I don't know what to do. I heard that fridging stresses them out. What should I do? Also, should I keep feeding the one that hasn't pooped in a really long time? I'm worried he's gonna have a lot of pressure built up in his stomach. Help!
FYI I'm feeding them either 2 red wigglers each daily or 1 nightcrawler each daily. Thank you!

katbeck99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2017   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11
Default Re: Axolotl Isn't Pooping

I don't have a specific answer for you but I would like to refer you to these helpful articles on Health,
Treating wounds, and other medical issues.
Scroll down to "Health and Illness."

Caudata Culture Articles

Also you can start here and explore:
Caudata Culture Home Page

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | My Blog
Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axolotl, constipation, illness, poop

LinkBack