The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Fluid filled bubbles on axolotl skin.

This is a discussion on Fluid filled bubbles on axolotl skin. within the Sick Axolotl? forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; A poster on another forum uploaded this picture and I'm having a hard time figuring out what it could be. ...

Sick Axolotl? Axolotl looking down in the gills? The doctors are in.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th August 2017   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: SgtTibbs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fluid filled bubbles on axolotl skin.

A poster on another forum uploaded this picture and I'm having a hard time figuring out what it could be. Has anyone seen this before?
Attached Thumbnails
Fluid filled bubbles on axolotl skin.-68340e1.jpg  

SgtTibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2017   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 13
Rep: bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11
Default Re: Fluid filled bubbles on axolotl skin.

I've not seen anything like this. I would advise them to take the axolotl to a vet to check those out.

bellabelloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2017   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:

The vet didn't know either. Someone suggested a bacterial cyst but given its location (neck, stomach) I thought it might be tumors or a fluid retention related illness. All the spots appear to be around the heart. Any ideas?

Old 19th August 2017   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 13
Rep: bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtTibbs View Post
The vet didn't know either. Someone suggested a bacterial cyst but given its location (neck, stomach) I thought it might be tumors or a fluid retention related illness. All the spots appear to be around the heart. Any ideas?
Do you know if the Vet did a culture of the fluid? I'd imagine that would have given some clue as to what may be wrong. Do you have any further information about how the axolotl is kept/ fed etc? With more information, there is a possibility someone may be able to identify what is going on.

bellabelloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2017   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:

Unfortunately she said the vet didn't know what it was and told her to do a salt bath. She needs a new vet. The water conditions look poor and the gills and frills are deteriorated.

Tags
axolotl, pimples, sick, skin

LinkBack