The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Something wrong with Weenie's feet

This is a discussion on Something wrong with Weenie's feet within the Sick Axolotl? forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; Hello, Something strange is going on with my axolotl Weenie's feet!! Yesterday he came out of his cave and I ...

Sick Axolotl? Axolotl looking down in the gills? The doctors are in.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th August 2017   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: jillifish is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Something wrong with Weenie's feet

Hello,

Something strange is going on with my axolotl Weenie's feet!! Yesterday he came out of his cave and I noticed he had a weird white covering on his back left toe and the foot/leg area was reddish and swollen. He's holding that leg up in the air, I assume because its hurting him. Later I noticed his other back foot now also has a small spot of the white stuff. In addition, most of his toes look super stubby and I can't figure out why, seeing as he has no tank mates who could have nipped them off. I've started giving him salt baths but just wanted to check in and see if anyone knows exactly what is wrong with him and if I'm treating it correctly.
Attached Thumbnails
Something wrong with Weenie's feet-img_6737.jpg   Something wrong with Weenie's feet-img_6738.jpg   Something wrong with Weenie's feet-img_6747.jpg  

jillifish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2017   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11
Default Re: Something wrong with Weenie's feet

Well, he either injured it or has some kind of infection.

I don't have a specific answer for you but I would like to refer you to these helpful articles on Health,
Treating wounds, and other medical issues.
Scroll down to "Health and Illness."

Caudata Culture Articles

Also you can start here and explore:
Caudata Culture Home Page

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | My Blog
Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axolotl, feet, fungus, salt bath, sick, stubby toes, swollen leg, toes

LinkBack