The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Potential myxazin overdose?

This is a discussion on Potential myxazin overdose? within the Sick Axolotl? forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; Hi everyone. My smallest axolotl, James Monroe, lost the very tip of his tail. I thought it would be fine ...

Sick Axolotl? Axolotl looking down in the gills? The doctors are in.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd September 2017   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: fishfinger is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Potential myxazin overdose?

Hi everyone.
My smallest axolotl, James Monroe, lost the very tip of his tail. I thought it would be fine until he sprouted some fuzzy fungus. There is no sign of spread anywhere else. Anyway I treated my tank with myxazin which I hear is safe. However I unfortunately realised after I put in a full dose that it should be a half dose. Now I am really worried I overdosed though all axolotls seem calm and have no signs of stress. Should I do a half a tank water change (did a 1/3 change before dosing), or put my carbon back in?
Thanks!

fishfinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2017   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 13
Rep: bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11
Default Re: Potential myxazin overdose?

I would take him out pronto and put him in cool, clean water, make sure you change this water maybe twice or more a day. Unfortunately this treatment is not advised as it contains Malachite Green.
In the mean time, do a couple of maybe 50% water changes on the tank with the Myxazin in it. Watch the tank parameters as you may find the tank will need to recycle.
Please keep us updated on how he is doing.

Last edited by bellabelloo; 2nd September 2017 at 08:17. Reason: Checked ingredients for medication :/
bellabelloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2017   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: fishfinger is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Potential myxazin overdose?

Sorry I didn't reply until now. The mold went away and everyone was fine until his leg was bitten off. I think I'll start a new thread.

fishfinger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fungus, myxazin

LinkBack