The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Werid laying behaviour

This is a discussion on Werid laying behaviour within the Sick Axolotl? forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; Hi all. Just wondering if anyone has any advice. Whenever my female lays eggs she trys to get out of ...

Sick Axolotl? Axolotl looking down in the gills? The doctors are in.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd September 2017   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Angjoh23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Werid laying behaviour

Hi all.
Just wondering if anyone has any advice.
Whenever my female lays eggs she trys to get out of the water. Trys to climb out via on top of filter, sticks her head out of the water and swims back and forth like that. It only ever happens when she is getting ready to lay. My water is fine so is my male. What is this werid behaviour 😦why is she trying to escape the water when laying eggs! Any other time she is fine! She also swims continually, I'm talking like for days on end. Only when she is ready to lay.

Angjoh23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2017   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11
Default Re: Werid laying behaviour

I never heard of that before!

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | My Blog
Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack