The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Please help find the proper remedy/medical intervention

This is a discussion on Please help find the proper remedy/medical intervention within the Sick Axolotl? forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; Good morning folks, just joined the group. Thank you for being here. I have a very sick axolotl who won't ...

Sick Axolotl? Axolotl looking down in the gills? The doctors are in.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: jonpeterson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please help find the proper remedy/medical intervention

Good morning folks, just joined the group. Thank you for being here. I have a very sick axolotl who won't be with us much longer if I don't give the proper attention. I removed her from the tank(where water conditions were ideal) about two months ago. Very lethargic and losing her gill fibers. First four weeks in the fridge with daily salt baths (for about seven days). Took her out of the fridge four weeks ago and have her on the counter in our kitchen. Daily water changes and water temp. is about 65. The problem. She has not eaten for the past four weeks. She justs floats on the top of the water. Appears to be lifeless. When I cradle her she comes to life. She has lost a lot of body weight, is not much more than a skeleton, and her color has changed from her pinkish glow to something else. She is leucistic (sp?) If I am unable to find the proper remedy I know I will lose her (and probably soon). Please help if you are able.

jonpeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11
Default Re: Please help find the proper remedy/medical intervention

http://www.caudata.org/cc/species/Am...exicanum.shtml

I don't have a specific answer for you but I would like to refer you to these helpful articles on Health,
Treating wounds, and other medical issues.
Scroll down to "Health and Illness."

Caudata Culture Articles

Also you can start here and explore:
Caudata Culture Home Page

Axie resources
Here are some resources:

http://www.caudata.org/forum/f46-beg...oma-mexicanum/

Axolotls: The Fascinating Mexican Axolotl and the Tiger Salamander

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | My Blog

Last edited by Otterwoman; 2 Weeks Ago at 15:57.
Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack