The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Amano Shrimp Parasites?

This is a discussion on Amano Shrimp Parasites? within the Sick Axolotl? forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; Hi Guys, So I recently made the mistake of impulse-buying some Amano shrimp for my little guys' 20-long tank. Since ...

Sick Axolotl? Axolotl looking down in the gills? The doctors are in.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: danmgarza is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Amano Shrimp Parasites?

Hi Guys,

So I recently made the mistake of impulse-buying some Amano shrimp for my little guys' 20-long tank. Since my 2 juvie axies are only about 3.5 inches each I figured they can't eat them just yet and they would be good algae cleaners in the meantime.

I didn't bother to quarantine them and put them straight into the tank but have now put them into their own quarantine tank for a month to make sure.

My question is: is there any way that there could have been parasite transmition in the few days that they were in there with my axies (a little under a week)? They usually hung around the bloodworms to clean them and my axies would eat from the same pile but none of the shrimp were eaten themselves. I also figure they were stressing my little guys out which is why I took them out as well.

I also have some apple snails that are in the axies tank as well but they are WAY too big to get eaten for the next couple of months. Same question applies.

Thanks a bunch for your help!

-noob

danmgarza is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack