The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Poop

This is a discussion on Poop within the Sick Axolotl? forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; We have had Bilbo just over two weeks and he's been eating well and full of life but today he's ...

Sick Axolotl? Axolotl looking down in the gills? The doctors are in.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th June 2006   #1 (permalink)
ricky

Gallery Images:
Comments:

We have had Bilbo just over two weeks and he's been eating well and full of life but today he's been very still and not to happy.
Thinking back over the last few weeks I can say that I haven't noticed much poop, there was a poop in the tank about 5 days ago and it was about 5mm long and 2mm wide.
I now it sounds a bit stupid but how often do they poop and could Bilbo have a blockage.

Old 19th June 2006   #2 (permalink)
joan

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Poo tends to disintegrate really quickly. It turns into 'poo dust', and doesn't look like a turd. lol.

If Bilbo's not floating, I wouldn't be thinking about blockages.

Old 19th June 2006   #3 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: kapo is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgkapo is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgkapo is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgkapo is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgkapo is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgkapo is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgkapo is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgkapo is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgkapo is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgkapo is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

How big is he and how often do you feed him? Also, what is the tank temp?

kapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2006   #4 (permalink)
ricky

Gallery Images:
Comments:

He's about 4 inchs long and he's fed a small amount once a day, the temp is between 22Co and 24Co and thats with ice packs.

He's not floating or bloated

(Message edited by mooncat99 on June 19, 2006)

Old 19th June 2006   #5 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: kapo is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgkapo is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgkapo is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgkapo is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgkapo is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgkapo is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgkapo is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgkapo is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgkapo is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgkapo is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

Did you cycle your tank prior to adding him to it? What are your water parameters for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate?

kapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2006   #6 (permalink)
ricky

Gallery Images:
Comments:

The tank was cycled and the parameters were tested last week and they were all 0ppm. I just checked the water again and it was not good, Ammonia was 0ppm, nitrit and nitrat are through the bloody roofClick the image to open in full size., I've just done a 50% water change and will keep an eye on the levels every day over the next week, Any ideas as to what could have cause this??.

Tags
poop

(View-All Members who have read this thread since 7th December 2017, 23:06 (Set) (Clear)

There are no names to display.
LinkBack