The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Help!!! My axolotl is sick

This is a discussion on Help!!! My axolotl is sick within the Sick Axolotl? forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; Hi, I'm really worry about my axolotl, I think He got sick already. Today, I found that it cannot swim ...

Sick Axolotl? Axolotl looking down in the gills? The doctors are in.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th August 2004   #1 (permalink)
carlos

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Hi, I'm really worry about my axolotl, I think He got sick already. Today, I found that it cannot swim normal, it raise up the right hand and right leg, when it is swimming and make it nearly reverse it's body, also it cannot walk normal. What can I help for it???

Old 30th August 2004   #2 (permalink)
mik

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Ok Carlos, we can see English isn't your first language so it's difficult to make out exactly what you mean. Can you tell us what your first language maybe someone here speaks the same.

It would help if you could post a photo and tell us how long you have owned this axolotl. Was it ok and then suddenly got sick? Can you tell us about the tank you keep it in?

Due to the language difficulties we might end up with confusion so I reccommend that you take it straight to a vet.

Old 30th August 2004   #3 (permalink)
katy

Gallery Images:
Comments:

if i'm understanding this right, the right side of its body is floating? so it nearly goes upside down? maybe it has swallowed some air - try putting it in a tub with very low water, just enough to cover it so that it stays on the ground, for a few days, and see if that helps.

as mik said, though, you might need to find a vet that treats axolotls.

Tags
axolotl, sick

(View-All Members who have read this thread since 29th June 2017, 01:03 (Set) (Clear)

There are no names to display.
LinkBack