The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Axolotl Back legs stretched upwards.

This is a discussion on Axolotl Back legs stretched upwards. within the Sick Axolotl? forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; This is Moomin, she's never had loss of appetite. She's been recently been fridged but ate her worms all the ...

Sick Axolotl? Axolotl looking down in the gills? The doctors are in.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th September 2013   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 1
Rep: Jiggly93 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Axolotl Back legs stretched upwards.

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

This is Moomin, she's never had loss of appetite. She's been recently been fridged but ate her worms all the way through until i took the tub out of the fridge to let the temp change naturally to match the temp of her tank. After putting her back in the tank i left her for about 3 hours and tried feeding her worms, she snapped at one but spat it back up. so i thought maybe it was a little too big or a little too wriggly so i cut it down an tried again once the worm wasn't so frantic yet she still snapped and spat it back out. I left her for another hour or so & when i came back she was in this sort of position, both her back legs were stretched upwards. I disturbed the tank a little and she shifted positions so in the pics her legs aren't as stretched out as they first were but you get the idea. Could she just be constipated? She hasn't done any floating and her back end isn't lifting up off the sand so i don't think it's wind or anything like that.

Jiggly93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2013   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: liznewton85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Axolotl Back legs stretched upwards.

I had one do this and I got worried and went to take a picture and he had pooed A LOT so I think you are right may be constipated

liznewton85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2013   #3 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: snuggly time has given consistently excellent advice and informationsnuggly time has given consistently excellent advice and informationsnuggly time has given consistently excellent advice and informationsnuggly time has given consistently excellent advice and informationsnuggly time has given consistently excellent advice and information

Mine does this when he needs to do a big poo... and i mean BIG.

snuggly time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2013   #4 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 3
Comments: 3
Rep: Petersgirl has given consistently excellent advice and informationPetersgirl has given consistently excellent advice and informationPetersgirl has given consistently excellent advice and informationPetersgirl has given consistently excellent advice and informationPetersgirl has given consistently excellent advice and information

Lifting up back legs or sometimes the entire back end is a common sign of trapped wind or constipation. Give it a day or so and it'll hopefully rectify itself :) Gally's forever doing it.

Old 11th September 2013   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Jiggly93 is an unknown quantity at this point

Haha thanks guys, it's just that she's never done it before. Atleast i'm prepared for what's eventually gunna come out.. Eww.

Jiggly93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2013   #6 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 3
Comments: 3
Rep: Petersgirl has given consistently excellent advice and informationPetersgirl has given consistently excellent advice and informationPetersgirl has given consistently excellent advice and informationPetersgirl has given consistently excellent advice and informationPetersgirl has given consistently excellent advice and information

Hehe, ready the turkey baster Jiggly93! :)

Tags
axolotl, axolotl constipated, axolotl help, axolotl sick

LinkBack