The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Live white worms

This is a discussion on Live white worms within the Sick Axolotl? forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; I did water change, fed them frozen bloodworms. one of my axie threw up, didnt see who did. but when ...

Sick Axolotl? Axolotl looking down in the gills? The doctors are in.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd June 2014   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: ynahanson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Live white worms

I did water change, fed them frozen bloodworms.
one of my axie threw up, didnt see who did.
but when I was looking at the food that was vomited I saw live white worms! OMG I'm so worried, what do I do?
Attached Thumbnails
Live white worms-20140623_153212.jpg  

ynahanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2014   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 97
Comments: 46
Rep: Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11
Default Re: Live white worms

Probably threadworms, nothing to worry about.
Caudata Culture Articles - Aquarium Invaders: Algae, Snails, Worms and Other Critters

The question is... were the worms coming from the tank (perhaps attracted by the leftover food)? Or did they come from the axolotl?

Old 24th June 2014   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: ynahanson is an unknown quantity at this point

Im thinking it came from the axolotl. If it did what should I do?

ynahanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2014   #4 (permalink)
Axolotl Enthusiast

Nationality:
Rep: auntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

Most likely planaria or nematodes - completely harmless. They tend to appear when there is excess food in the tank, just scoop them out.

LinkBack