The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

My axolotl is getting extremely fat!!!!!!!! What has happened???? Is she pregnant????

This is a discussion on My axolotl is getting extremely fat!!!!!!!! What has happened???? Is she pregnant???? within the Sick Axolotl? forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; My 6 month old axolotl is getting really really fat!!!! he/she gets fed once every other day with frozen blood ...

Sick Axolotl? Axolotl looking down in the gills? The doctors are in.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th August 2014   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Emieliod is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation My axolotl is getting extremely fat!!!!!!!! What has happened???? Is she pregnant????

My 6 month old axolotl is getting really really fat!!!! he/she gets fed once every other day with frozen blood worms. Could she be pregnant? ive got another one in the tank with him/her. SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE REPLY!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
My axolotl is getting extremely fat!!!!!!!! What has happened???? Is she pregnant????-img_20140812_170933.jpg  

Emieliod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2014   #2 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: Boomsloth has given good advice and informationBoomsloth has given good advice and informationBoomsloth has given good advice and information

You should switch her from bloodworms to a better diet like earthworms or axolotl pellets. How long is the axolotl? 6 months is still growing for most and should be fed almost daily.

Boomsloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2014   #3 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: keiko has given good advice and informationkeiko has given good advice and informationkeiko has given good advice and information
Default Re: My axolotl is getting extremely fat!!!!!!!! What has happened???? Is she pregnant????

Axolotls don't get pregnant like people. But mature females do have eggs in their belly so they are rounder than males.

keiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2014   #4 (permalink)
Axolotl Enthusiast

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 45
Comments: 4
Rep: mikeg has shown reliable knowledgemikeg has shown reliable knowledge
Default Re: My axolotl is getting extremely fat!!!!!!!! What has happened???? Is she pregnant????

Its a little hard to tell from this picture, she looks about normal size for a healthy Axolotl. if possible take and post a birds eye view.

Tags
axolotl, fat, illness, impaction, pregnant, sick

LinkBack