The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

I am getting a 20 Gal Tank, what filter would you recommend?

This is a discussion on I am getting a 20 Gal Tank, what filter would you recommend? within the Axolotl tank set-ups, filters, substrate forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; I am getting a 20 Gal tank, and I was wondering what you would recommend for a filter. Thanks in ...

Axolotl tank set-ups, filters, substrate Discussions on tanks, temperature, filters, gravel, lights etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th April 2015   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: NinjaGoodra is an unknown quantity at this point
Question I am getting a 20 Gal Tank, what filter would you recommend?

I am getting a 20 Gal tank, and I was wondering what you would recommend for a filter. Thanks in advance!

Grreat Choice® 20 Gallon Glass Aquarium | Aquariums | PetSmart

^^Tank^^

Old 7th April 2015   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: allied123 has shown reliable knowledgeallied123 has shown reliable knowledge
Default Re: I am getting a 20 Gal Tank, what filter would you recommend?

I use a hob aquaclear 30 for my 20 long and I really like it, it also seems to be fairly popular among users here but I did have to baffle mine with a water bottle, it fits perfectly into my screen lid feeding hole thing, I'm really interested in sponge filters though as they seem like a really efficient/cheap option, hopefully someone can advise you more on those.

allied123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2015   #3 (permalink)
European Newt Group

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: ThoseNewtsTho has given consistently excellent advice and informationThoseNewtsTho has given consistently excellent advice and informationThoseNewtsTho has given consistently excellent advice and informationThoseNewtsTho has given consistently excellent advice and informationThoseNewtsTho has given consistently excellent advice and information

I use sponge filters for all my tanks, I don't have the money for an expensive canister filter and most filters will produce heat. In a planted tank with regular water changes and daily spot cleaning, a sponge filter will be all you need, and they're very cheap, you just need an air pump for it.

Tags
20 gal, canister, filter, gallon, sump, tank

LinkBack