The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Setting up my axolotl tank

This is a discussion on Setting up my axolotl tank within the Axolotl tank set-ups, filters, substrate forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; Hi. This may sound like a crazy question, but im going to ask away. I have a 33g aquarium that ...

Axolotl tank set-ups, filters, substrate Discussions on tanks, temperature, filters, gravel, lights etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th November 2015   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: scrunge is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Setting up my axolotl tank

Hi. This may sound like a crazy question, but im going to ask away. I have a 33g aquarium that did have fish in. The last of my fish passed away today (old age, no disease). I did a 20-30% water change, rinsed the filter sponge in old tank water, did the same to my mopani wood and trimmed my plants. Ive got a couple of caves i want to add to the tank because I want to get an axolotl.
My question is can i add an axolotl to a tank that has water that did have fish in it? My fish were all healthy and i never had a single disease outbreak. i just dont want to add an axolotl and make him/her sick. Will i have to fully empty the water and start from scratch/ recycle the tank or is it ok?

scrunge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
setup, tank water

LinkBack