The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Peacock Slate

This is a discussion on Peacock Slate within the Axolotl tank set-ups, filters, substrate forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; I'm putting slate tiles as a substrate. I've ordered what's called "Peacock Slate". Figured no matter what color of axolotl, ...

Axolotl tank set-ups, filters, substrate Discussions on tanks, temperature, filters, gravel, lights etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th June 2016   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Horser01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Peacock Slate

I'm putting slate tiles as a substrate. I've ordered what's called "Peacock Slate". Figured no matter what color of axolotl, the slate and the axolotl would complement each other... I made sure to ask the lady if there was copper in the granite, she said no. I planned on soaking the granite before siliconing it in and then testing the soak water with a copper test. However, I forgot to ask what the concentration, if any, is of pyrite.

Do you think Peacock Slate should be safe? Should I avoid certain colors? Should I just follow through with my plan of soaking them and then testing them? Which tests should I run? Copper and? Or is there a clear finish I can put on them that will still provide the axolotls a good grip while safe proofing the tile?

Horser01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
copper, peacock, pyrite, question, silicone, slate, substrate, tank set up, test, tile

LinkBack