The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Good plants for hiding in?

This is a discussion on Good plants for hiding in? within the Axolotl tank set-ups, filters, substrate forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; My axolotls love hanging out in my fake plants. I wanted to start real plants. What are some good tall ...

Axolotl tank set-ups, filters, substrate Discussions on tanks, temperature, filters, gravel, lights etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th November 2016   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 1
Rep: Purpletotodile has given good advice and informationPurpletotodile has given good advice and information
Default Good plants for hiding in?

My axolotls love hanging out in my fake plants. I wanted to start real plants. What are some good tall plants for them to hide in. The tank gets moderate sunlight, and my substrate is aquarium sand. What would be some good hiding plants I could use for my tank?

Old 12th November 2016   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: Luca1980 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Good plants for hiding in?

Vallisneria is probably your best option, especially if its something tall you're after. My 5 axies spend all day hanging out in them and I have 4 bunches planted along the back wall of my tank. I also have anubias and java fern in the foreground. All of these plants do well in cold, dark tanks.

Luca1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2016   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Zsolti is an unknown quantity at this point

Microsorium pteropus is my personal favorite. Pretty good looking plant and good for cold water, if you want to keep it well then a lil bit light is good but not a must. My guys love it.
Anubias is another good choice.

Zsolti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2016   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Wysper has shown reliable knowledgeWysper has shown reliable knowledge

I have some Anubias Nana attached to a piece of driftwood in my tank, and they love sitting in the leaves. It's adorable when they rest their head on a leaf and seem to just be dozing.

Wysper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axolotl, plants

LinkBack