The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Help needed with Dragon themed aquarium for axolotl

This is a discussion on Help needed with Dragon themed aquarium for axolotl within the Axolotl tank set-ups, filters, substrate forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; Hey there people! I have two axolotls, a leucistic and a wild type and the leucistic is in a different ...

Axolotl tank set-ups, filters, substrate Discussions on tanks, temperature, filters, gravel, lights etc.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Blackbun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd December 2016   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: melvin2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help needed with Dragon themed aquarium for axolotl

Hey there people!
I have two axolotls, a leucistic and a wild type and the leucistic is in a different aquarium for a while since the other one bit off her front leg.
She's about 12cm/7 inches and lives in a tank with 30x22x15 proportions (in cm) and I'd like to give it a cool theme, because it's a little bit plain.
I was thinking about making it dragon themed, I've already put in a few playmobil bones to make it look like a dragon's den, I would like to hear your sugestions. What substrate would look good, how many plants should I put in and do you have other cool ideas to make amanda look like a fierce lil' dragon?

melvin2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2016   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: melvin2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help needed with Dragon themed aquarium for axolotl

I was thinking about making a stack of coins, would they rust in the water? would it have effect on the water quality? And what substrate would look good in the tank I'm planning?
what plants should I use?

melvin2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2016   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Blackbun has given consistently excellent advice and informationBlackbun has given consistently excellent advice and informationBlackbun has given consistently excellent advice and informationBlackbun has given consistently excellent advice and information
Default Re: Help needed with Dragon themed aquarium for axolotl

Coins made from alloys could leach copper into the water which could become toxic.
As for dragon themed aquaria decor, you can get some good ideas using a web image search.

Blackbun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, axolotl, dragon, ideas, plant help, tips

LinkBack