The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Easiest way to add in sand to an axolotl tank?

This is a discussion on Easiest way to add in sand to an axolotl tank? within the Axolotl tank set-ups, filters, substrate forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; Hi! so i was thinking of changing my bare bottom tank to a tank with fine sand on the bottom. ...

Axolotl tank set-ups, filters, substrate Discussions on tanks, temperature, filters, gravel, lights etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th February 2017   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Salina is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Easiest way to add in sand to an axolotl tank?

Hi!

so i was thinking of changing my bare bottom tank to a tank with fine sand on the bottom. I've already got my axolotl in the tank and he's been there for about 4 days now. Do you guys think this process would stress him out too much? and if i was to change the bottom to fine sand what would be the easiest way to do it?

Salina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2017   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: GalLuvsAxolotls has given good advice and informationGalLuvsAxolotls has given good advice and information
Default Re: Easiest way to add in sand to an axolotl tank?

I would give your new guy a little more time to settle in. But if you decide you do want sand, I would add 1-3 cups and then wait a week. If the water parameters are acceptable at that point, I would add another 1-3 cups. Rinse and repeat until you have as much sand as you want!

I hope your axolotl does well!

GalLuvsAxolotls is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axolotl, axolotl advice, axolotl help, axolotl sand, axolotl stress, axolotl tank, axolotl tank setup

LinkBack