The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

New tank ideas

This is a discussion on New tank ideas within the Axolotl tank set-ups, filters, substrate forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; Hey everyone. So in a previous post I explain the situation in which my amazing axolotl came to my tank. ...

Axolotl tank set-ups, filters, substrate Discussions on tanks, temperature, filters, gravel, lights etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th April 2017   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Vithush is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New tank ideas

Hey everyone.
So in a previous post I explain the situation in which my amazing axolotl came to my tank. Originally my thank was only supposed to be plants. The tank is only a 5.5 gal and I'm upgrading to a 30 gal long. Does anyone have any suggestions on the dimensions and set up tips to ensure my little guy is happy. Any advise would be helpful I'm still new at this. The pictures below are now vs when I first got him from the previous owner who kept him in a 1.5 gallon. Unfortunately his tail is permanently crooked at the tip.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Vithush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2017   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: axolover703 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New tank ideas

It's a good thing that you're upgrading your tank size, because 5.5 gallons is not enough room for your axie lol. But anyway, It's good to have a lot of plants, axies love them :) but it's also very important to give them hiding spots and such, just for they're personal security :) Also, I noticed that you have a blacklight on over your tank, which is fine, but definitely don't have it on any longer than 15 minutes at a time. Hope I could help
axolover703 is offline   Reply With Quote