The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Buying used tank set-up

This is a discussion on Buying used tank set-up within the Axolotl tank set-ups, filters, substrate forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; I'm moving my two juvenile axolotls from their tiny individual tanks to a 40 gallon tank that I'm purchasing used. ...

Axolotl tank set-ups, filters, substrate Discussions on tanks, temperature, filters, gravel, lights etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th July 2017   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: LippyNix has given good advice and informationLippyNix has given good advice and information
Question Buying used tank set-up

I'm moving my two juvenile axolotls from their tiny individual tanks to a 40 gallon tank that I'm purchasing used. I have the option to keep to the water and so on of this already cycled tank. My question is-
Do I need to worry about possible disease/parasites/etc. from using the water and dirty filter from a tank that currently houses fish?
Am I better off just starting over with fresh water, the dirty water from the existing small tanks, and Stability (by Seachem)?

Tags
disease, fish, parasites, used tank, water

LinkBack