The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

I need help setting up a AquaEuroUSA Chiller

This is a discussion on I need help setting up a AquaEuroUSA Chiller within the Axolotl tank set-ups, filters, substrate forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; So I bought the chiller from craiglist and turns out, the person using the chiller was using it for a ...

Axolotl tank set-ups, filters, substrate Discussions on tanks, temperature, filters, gravel, lights etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #1 (permalink)
Day

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Day is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I need help setting up a AquaEuroUSA Chiller

So I bought the chiller from craiglist and turns out, the person using the chiller was using it for a salt water tank when im using it for fresh water (for my axolotls). How do I get the built up salt out of the tank of the chiller and the inlet and outlet fittings?

I heard using hot water and and leaving the chiller on for 15-20 minutes would help but I dont even have the pump yet.

Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #2 (permalink)
2010 Research Grant Donor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: michael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.org
Default Re: I need help setting up a AquaEuroUSA Chiller

I'd just rinse and flush. Marine salt at a rate of a tablespoon per 10 gallons is often recommended for axolotls. You don't have to worry about your axolotls getting to much salt from the chiller. AquaEuro is a good chiller.

michael is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack