The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

filters

This is a discussion on filters within the Axolotl tank set-ups, filters, substrate forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; my old filter died about a week ago so i bought a new one its a fluval 3 the flow ...

Axolotl tank set-ups, filters, substrate Discussions on tanks, temperature, filters, gravel, lights etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th February 2008   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: RICH123 has shown reliable knowledge
Default filters

my old filter died about a week ago so i bought a new one its a fluval 3 the flow that comes of this filter is much stronger than my old one and the gills of my axies gently move in the flow the flow it isnt that strong, gentle enough to not move my axies from where they are standing or swimming i havnt used a fluval before does anyone use this brand and find that there axies get sressed from the flow?
cheers,
Rich

Last edited by RICH123; 28th February 2008 at 22:59.
RICH123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2008   #2 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 16
Comments: 12
Rep: digger is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdigger is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdigger is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdigger is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdigger is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdigger is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdigger is a mainstay of Caudata.org

I use fluvals on 2 of my tanks and have attached a spraybar.
I must admit i never used it without one but have had no problems with stress with my axies.

digger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2008   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 4
Rep: Lasher is a mainstay of Caudata.orgLasher is a mainstay of Caudata.orgLasher is a mainstay of Caudata.orgLasher is a mainstay of Caudata.orgLasher is a mainstay of Caudata.orgLasher is a mainstay of Caudata.org

I dont keep axies, but if you are concerned about the current you could build some kind of outflow arrangement.
If you can fit some tubing to the outflow you could either run it the length of the tank and make some holes in it or stick it into a chunk of sponge(natural, synthetic or filter sponge works fine) to reduce the current.

Lasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2008   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Rep: RICH123 has shown reliable knowledge

I have bought a spray bar and it works peach, cheers for the advice
Rich

RICH123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
filters

LinkBack