The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Please post pictures of your tank!!

This is a discussion on Please post pictures of your tank!! within the Axolotl tank set-ups, filters, substrate forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; I would love to see all of your tanks, dolled up for your happy axies! I know several people have ...

Axolotl tank set-ups, filters, substrate Discussions on tanks, temperature, filters, gravel, lights etc.

Like Tree1095Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th March 2011   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Ohana is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Please post pictures of your tank!!

I would love to see all of your tanks, dolled up for your happy axies! I know several people have their own threads with their sweet tanks, but maybe the mods can make this one a sticky for us all to referrence? I'm dying to see your creativity and maybe use some ideas for my own 55g tank.

Please and thank you :)

Ohana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2011   #2 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 1
Comments: 2
Rep: Star has shown reliable knowledgeStar has shown reliable knowledge
Default Re: Please post pictures of your tank!!

This is currently mine, removed all the sand the other day, going to get some ice white for it soon I change the layout a lot though for a bit of enrichment
Attached Thumbnails
Please post pictures of your tank!!-tankf.jpg   Please post pictures of your tank!!-maintankhalf2.jpg   Please post pictures of your tank!!-maintankhalf1.jpg  

Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2011   #3 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 5
Comments: 1
Rep: dragonlady is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdragonlady is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdragonlady is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdragonlady is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdragonlady is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdragonlady is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdragonlady is a mainstay of Caudata.org

Here's a couple...One is my andersoni tank and the other is my axolotl "boy" tank. The boy tank has more water in it now (easier to keep cool)... Pretty basic, but they seem to like it.

http://www.caudata.org/forum/members...-lovelies.html

http://www.caudata.org/forum/members...temp-68-f.html

dragonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2011   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: jaquiscorpio is an unknown quantity at this point

the light is purely for picture as its very dark currently awaiting the arrival of 2 sets of LED strips for top of tank ( i will also put an updated picture on soon as i have a background coming and some more palnts)
Click the image to open in full size.

jaquiscorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2011   #5 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: zoezakella is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgzoezakella is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgzoezakella is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgzoezakella is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgzoezakella is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgzoezakella is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

Here's mine, again light for photo purposes Have had a re shuffle since to make more space for walking but not too much different

zoezakella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2011   #6 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: MereB is a mainstay of Caudata.orgMereB is a mainstay of Caudata.orgMereB is a mainstay of Caudata.orgMereB is a mainstay of Caudata.orgMereB is a mainstay of Caudata.orgMereB is a mainstay of Caudata.org

My little 10 Gallon

The bigger 4ft 56ish Gallons with my 2 adults in it

And the tank and stand (that I designed) and that I am about to order custom built. I found the aquarium pic online and LOVED the rock wall so I will be doing that in it when I can remove the dividers it will have in there to start with. Add LOTS of plants and that's pretty well what it will look like. It's a 5x2x2 (149 Gallons) Minus the fish of course taking care there are no sharp edges.

Old 30th March 2011   #7 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: zoezakella is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgzoezakella is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgzoezakella is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgzoezakella is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgzoezakella is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgzoezakella is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

LOL what a shock opening up this thread to be greeted by a full size willy on my screen MereB, your piccies are so big I just got the middle section of your statue in the tank

Old 30th March 2011   #8 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: MereB is a mainstay of Caudata.orgMereB is a mainstay of Caudata.orgMereB is a mainstay of Caudata.orgMereB is a mainstay of Caudata.orgMereB is a mainstay of Caudata.orgMereB is a mainstay of Caudata.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoezakella View Post
LOL what a shock opening up this thread to be greeted by a full size willy on my screen MereB, your piccies are so big I just got the middle section of your statue in the tank
LOL They aren't that big on my screen, they fit quite nicely I do vaguely remember setting mine to the fixed width option so maybe that's why it's different. Won't let me edit my post now either or I'd make them smaller for you guys. What can I say Michelangelo knew how to carve sorry about the shock sweetie

Old 30th March 2011   #9 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MereB View Post
LOL They aren't that big on my screen, they fit quite nicely I do vaguely remember setting mine to the fixed width option so maybe that's why it's different. Won't let me edit my post now either or I'd make them smaller for you guys. What can I say Michelangelo knew how to carve sorry about the shock sweetie
Was a nice shock Love the turtle tank really nicely designed

Old 30th March 2011   #10 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: iChris has given consistently excellent advice and informationiChris has given consistently excellent advice and informationiChris has given consistently excellent advice and informationiChris has given consistently excellent advice and information

@ mere

I have the same plant in my "feeder" tank as you have in your smaller tank, and it spreads like wildfire, I'm constantly cutting it back and your larger tank looks stunning.

attached are some pics of my 2 tanks and my axie, my axie tank in in my bedroom, It's not usually lit as she hates the light, and as a result the java fern I got for her tank was not doing well so I put it in the other tank. the axie tank is pretty boring right now, but she does not mind, she rearely ventures into the middle of the tank and she just trots around the sides anyway and it seems to work well. when I find some nice rocks for her tank, ill add them and a nice piece of wood that I have to go in aswell, but when we moved into our house, we had all the gardens torn up, so as a result we have no rocks at all laying around.

the other tank is set up for white cloud minnows, its planted and it has really taken off, its been only 2 weeks since I planted it. that tank has lots of water movement, it has a hang on the back filter on full and a sponge filter with air being pumped into it rather vigorously, I have a strong current to keep gunk from building up on the plants, and it seems to be working. and for good measure, I had to also share some photos of my axie.
Attached Thumbnails
Please post pictures of your tank!!-100_1440.jpg   Please post pictures of your tank!!-100_1441.jpg   Please post pictures of your tank!!-100_1444.jpg  

Old 31st March 2011   #11 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: jo nuskool is an unknown quantity at this point

Meredyth love your heavily planted tank looks ace

jo nuskool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2011   #12 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 5
Rep: dragonlady is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdragonlady is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdragonlady is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdragonlady is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdragonlady is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdragonlady is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdragonlady is a mainstay of Caudata.org

@zoe...love your pic with all the toys and books! You know there's nothing worse than a bored axolotl!

dragonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2011   #13 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 3
Rep: aymeh21 is an unknown quantity at this point

MereB hate to reiterate, but sure you don't mind. Your 4ft tank is beautiful! I am very jealous!

I just recently posted a thread of my new tank, but I'll post some pictures anyways.
Attached Thumbnails
Please post pictures of your tank!!-100_2638.jpg   Please post pictures of your tank!!-100_2647.jpg   Please post pictures of your tank!!-100_2641.jpg  

aymeh21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2011   #14 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonlady View Post
@zoe...love your pic with all the toys and books! You know there's nothing worse than a bored axolotl!
LOL Shannon, suprisingly though they are very good at sharing the books & toys with Zak & Ella xx

Old 31st March 2011   #15 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 6
Rep: Blaze has shown reliable knowledgeBlaze has shown reliable knowledge

Sunnys tank. I'm getting a custom built cabinet for him soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Please post pictures of your tank!!-28.jpg   Please post pictures of your tank!!-26.jpg   Please post pictures of your tank!!-27.jpg  

Old 1st April 2011   #16 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: brillB07 has a given some bad advice or info, or has behaved inappropriately

im in the process of changing her tank but decided to let Trogdor explore. right now im letting a two layer slate cave set with the silicone for the next several days before putting it in so iv decided to hold off on the rest of the plants

and no the light is hardly ever on unless for a pic ;p

**im thinking of buying some small stone tile to use as a backdrop filled in by moss...any suggestions on this idea? many thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Please post pictures of your tank!!-swang-009.jpg   Please post pictures of your tank!!-swang-012.jpg  

Old 1st April 2011   #17 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: iChris has given consistently excellent advice and informationiChris has given consistently excellent advice and informationiChris has given consistently excellent advice and informationiChris has given consistently excellent advice and information

@ brillB07

you're tank is not exactly the most ideal environment for a axolotl, just saying.

Old 1st April 2011   #18 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

Thanks guys I'm loving how it's all grown together. It's had a divider added at the end of the log on the right hand end to house "Fish" so the new babies can move into his 10 gallon until I get the new tank up an running and well cycled for all of them to move into.

@ Chris ahhhh yes good old ambulia (Limnophila heterphylla) LOVES the cold and between you and me I think that stuff could grow locked in a dark cupboard so it's perfect for axie tanks.
Sorry the fern's not working, that's a real shame. I really love Java fern and the way it looks growing on logs and rocks.

@ Zoe well as long as it was a NICE shock

@ Star forgot to say before I LOVE LOVE LOVE that strawberry!!!!!!

Old 1st April 2011   #19 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: brillB07 has a given some bad advice or info, or has behaved inappropriately

Quote:
Originally Posted by iChris View Post
@ brillB07

you're tank is not exactly the most ideal environment for a axolotl, just saying.

oh no i took alot of things out, here in the pic the sand just got done settling and i took her out of her tub and turned on the tank light for a pic >> the only time i have the light on!! so no worries
like i typed earlier iv made a couple multi layered/roomed caves that is setting with silicone since before i had a pipe i never cared about in there lol
once i get that in there then ill know where to put the rest of the plants

better explained i hope!

Old 31st May 2011   #20 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 1
Rep: Star has shown reliable knowledgeStar has shown reliable knowledge

bumping this in the hope that more people will show their wonderful tanks! Sorry if I'm not meant to!! Hoping in the next few weeks I'll be adding more pics of my three tanks

Star is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack