The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store Donate

Tank dividers

This is a discussion on Tank dividers within the Axolotl tank set-ups, filters, substrate forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; Hi, Isee a few people around the forums wanting to set up tank dividers recently. We made ours super easily ...

Axolotl tank set-ups, filters, substrate Discussions on tanks, temperature, filters, gravel, lights etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th December 2011   #1 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 4
Rep: yellowpebble is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgyellowpebble is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgyellowpebble is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgyellowpebble is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgyellowpebble is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgyellowpebble is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Talking Tank dividers

Hi,

Isee a few people around the forums wanting to set up tank dividers recently. We made ours super easily and cheaply out of some flat, clear Perspex which we drilled holes in. The size does not really matter as long at it is approximately the size of your tank or a few cm bigger. This means you can slot it in an a diagonal angle and the turn it until it gets stuck in the middle of the tank. It will not be totally straight but its a great way to secure it in and you do not have to have the exact measurements. It gives you a little space to work with.

much cheaper than getting one made up. I got my Perspex from Bunnings, Iím not sure of the equivalent in other countries but some sort of large hardware store.

here are some great links with some other interesting methods:

Tank Dividers @ petfish.net

I made a DIY tank divider..perfect for catching fish!

DIY Fry Divider [Archive] - Aquarium Forum

Homemade tank dividers - UltimateBettas
yellowpebble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2011   #2 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: esn is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgesn is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgesn is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgesn is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgesn is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgesn is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default Re: Tank deviders

I think the last one is particularly brilliant. I had been hoping to find some way to make my own tank dividers for axie juvies. Thanks so much!
esn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, axolotls, devider, diy, tank