The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

The ideal 10 gallon tank setup!?

This is a discussion on The ideal 10 gallon tank setup!? within the Axolotl tank set-ups, filters, substrate forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; Hi! I am planning to get my first pair of axolotls within the next 3-4 weeks. Currently, my tank is ...

Axolotl tank set-ups, filters, substrate Discussions on tanks, temperature, filters, gravel, lights etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th April 2013   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: HowToAxolotl is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow The ideal 10 gallon tank setup!?

Hi!

I am planning to get my first pair of axolotls within the next 3-4 weeks. Currently, my tank is cycling with a snail, six zebra danios, and a live plant. Anyways, what would you say would be the IDEAL axolotl setup in a 10 gallon tank? I plan to use a sand substrate (I am currently using gravel, but I have read the horror stories of gravel with axolotls,) and I plan to get another plant or two.

Anyways, what would YOU suggest as the best 10 gallon tank setup?! Thanks!

UPDATED - Saturday, 4/20/2013: I am looking to buy two Axolotls (one green/yellow Wild Type and one freckled Leucistic.) PLEASE let me know if you or anybody/place you know has fair prices and can assist me. I am located near Philadelphia, PA. Thanks!
HowToAxolotl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2013   #2 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 45
Comments: 62
Rep: Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11
Default Re: The ideal 10 gallon tank setup!?

I would suggest not bothering with a 10gal for axolotls. If you're going to have a pair, get a 20long or bigger.

Kaysie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2013   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: HowToAxolotl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The ideal 10 gallon tank setup!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaysie View Post
I would suggest not bothering with a 10gal for axolotls. If you're going to have a pair, get a 20long or bigger.
Unfortunately, in my current arrangement, I can only have two 10 gallon tanks... I'm trying my best here :[ Knowing that I am limited, what would you suggest?

UPDATED - Saturday, 4/20/2013: I am looking to buy two Axolotls (one green/yellow Wild Type and one freckled Leucistic.) PLEASE let me know if you or anybody/place you know has fair prices and can assist me. I am located near Philadelphia, PA. Thanks!
HowToAxolotl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
build, design, setup, substrate, tank aquarium, tank setup

LinkBack