The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Frogbit

This is a discussion on Frogbit within the Axolotl tank set-ups, filters, substrate forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; Hi all, I was wondering does anyone know how long it takes frogbit to grow and spread? Im keeping my ...

Axolotl tank set-ups, filters, substrate Discussions on tanks, temperature, filters, gravel, lights etc.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Harpii

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th May 2013   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Harpii has started on the right path
Default Frogbit

Hi all, I was wondering does anyone know how long it takes frogbit to grow and spread? Im keeping my fingers crossed it survives and starts growing ive not had much luck with plants but im also getting some java moss for the bog wood and and hoping to get a few more floating plants but im not sure what ones? Also does anyone know if its ok to put water lily's in an axolotl tank? Any advise would be appreciated thank you :)

Harpii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2013   #2 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: layna has given good advice and informationlayna has given good advice and informationlayna has given good advice and information
Default Re: Frogbit

I dont know if its the same thing or not but a few people on here, myself included have mini water lettuce, they float :)

If you like my advice, please add to my reputation so others know im helpful
layna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2013   #3 (permalink)
Field Herper

Nationality:
Rep: Niels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNiels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNiels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNiels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNiels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNiels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNiels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNiels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

Frogbit can surely spread in your tank. You can also look for other floating plants like Pistia stratiotes, Eichhornia crassipes, Salvinia natans and Limnobium laevigatum.

P.r.schrenckii/L.laoensis/P.deloustali/P.chinensis/P.guangxiensis/Paramesotriton sp (Roter Warzenmolch)/S.lacertina/Triturus macedonicus/T.dobrogicus macrosoma/T. karelinii/C.e.popei/N.viridescens/P.waltl/C.orientalis
Niels D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2013   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:

Hi and thank you for the replies, im definately going to get some salvinia :) and im giving pennywort a go, ive been told it might not cope well in a tank but no harm in trying and im going to try and get some anubius to attach to the bog wood as well i hope i can do better this time lol

Old 12th May 2013   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: jane1187 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgjane1187 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgjane1187 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgjane1187 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgjane1187 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgjane1187 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgjane1187 is a mainstay of Caudata.org

I've had frogbit before and it did reasonably well. That was in my fish tank with lighting, fertiliser etc. not sure how well it will do in your tank but have a go anyway.

Old 14th May 2013   #6 (permalink)

Nationality:

It'sgrowing quite nicely at the moment but we leave the light on, our axies just stay under the bog wood or in their hide while its on and don't seem bothered at all. I'm seeing all new buds and runners so going ok for now, and luckily i dont need to use any fertilizers on it just plenty of light should do the trick or so ive been told :) Hopefully they keep growing and spread nicely, have quite a large tank to cover lol :)

LinkBack