The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Axolotl Juvenile Set Up-Thoughts?

This is a discussion on Axolotl Juvenile Set Up-Thoughts? within the Axolotl tank set-ups, filters, substrate forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; Woot! I got my 2 axolotls in! They made it safe and sound. Was working on acclimating them a while ...

Axolotl tank set-ups, filters, substrate Discussions on tanks, temperature, filters, gravel, lights etc.

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th August 2013   #21 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: TheJadeAxolotl is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Axolotl Juvenile Set Up-Thoughts?

Woot! I got my 2 axolotls in! They made it safe and sound. Was working on acclimating them a while ago. So far so good. They were kind of slow and lethargic at first. Started adding the water from their temporary cages, which was cool. They became more active almost instantly. Soon after one of them did a feeding response, but I didn't give him any food. It was some floaties that was in the bag with him. I am thinking shed skin, it was clear, due to the high temp. and stress of shipping.

TheJadeAxolotl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axololt, axololts, juvenile, kritter keeper, wild type

LinkBack