The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

First clutch of eggs!?!

This is a discussion on First clutch of eggs!?! within the Axolotl Eggs, Larvae & Breeding forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; Hi everyone! I was getting ready to clean out my axolotl tank and i noticed a few white ball type ...

Axolotl Eggs, Larvae & Breeding Eggs everywhere, how did that happen? Will it be albino or wildtype?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th April 2015   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Mylilpegasister is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking First clutch of eggs!?!

Hi everyone!

I was getting ready to clean out my axolotl tank and i noticed a few white ball type things in the tank, upon closer inspection i saw that they were eggs!! This is my female gold's first clutch of eggs and she has currently laid about 30+ and is still going... She has been laying for about an hour now, so im just wondering how long it will take before she stops laying? Also how many *fertile* eggs she will lay and if like some other animals, will most of her eggs be duds?

The father is either another gold or a wild type although the tank is full of spermatores so i have no idea whom they belong to or if they are a mixture of both. Anyway, i am interested to know if anyone in australia around sydney area would like some of the babies if any survive.

Aaaaand one more question!! (sorry) How much brine shrimp eggs in grams should i get?

Mylilpegasister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2015   #2 (permalink)
Axolotl Enthusiast

Nationality:
Rep: auntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.org
Default Re: First clutch of eggs!?!

Females can take up to 3 days to finish laying. Expect a few hundred.

Sometimes a female's first batch isn't that successful, but you can probably expect a good few hatchlings. You'll know after the first few days when they start to change shape.

Old 10th April 2015   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Danilugosi is an unknown quantity at this point

Keep us updated! Baby axies ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danilugosi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axolotl, axolotl breeding eggs, axolotl eggs, help axie eggs

LinkBack