The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Premature hatch!!! HELP!!

This is a discussion on Premature hatch!!! HELP!! within the Axolotl Eggs, Larvae & Breeding forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; My axolotl embryos are only 9 days old, all of them are still developing in their jelly coating except after ...

Axolotl Eggs, Larvae & Breeding Eggs everywhere, how did that happen? Will it be albino or wildtype?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th April 2015   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Mylilpegasister is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Premature hatch!!! HELP!!

My axolotl embryos are only 9 days old, all of them are still developing in their jelly coating except after taking some photos I realized one on the bottom outside of its jelly coating!

Only a few of my larvae (the ones laid first) have that pinky spot inside their chest cavity which I'm guessing is their heart and this lil guy doesn't have it?!?
I've put him in a small plastic container to see if he survives but I'm worried he may starve as my (hatching) baby brine shrimp eggs won't be here until monday (it's saturday night here) and I only have (non hatching) brine shrimp eggs to feed him with... I put a tiny amount of eggs (like 10 eggs) in front of him and he twitched is this him eating? Does he even HAVE a stomach?! Or is he just developing outside his jelly stuff and he is just twitching like the other embryos?

Btw I know axolotl larvae won't respond to dead food for awhile but I don't know what else to do! Can someone explain why he "hatched" so early?

Mylilpegasister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2015   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: rachel1 has given good advice and informationrachel1 has given good advice and informationrachel1 has given good advice and information
Default Re: Premature hatch!!! HELP!!

He's probably not developed enough to start eating yet. I would just try to keep him cool and clean and see if it keeps developing outside the egg.

rachel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2015   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Mylilpegasister is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Premature hatch!!! HELP!!

Thank you for replying!

Another 2 have hatched! Although these two have that pinky spot, do you think that they just hatched early? Also how long will thier egg sac last? ,my brine shrimp eggs should be here tomorrow morning so the brine shrimp won't be ready until Tuesday...

Do you think they can survive? I'm worried they may die being so young. Also I think my other eggs are hatching to because they are wriggling more often...

Mylilpegasister is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axolotl, axolotl help, axolotl larvae, hatching!, help axie, help axie eggs

LinkBack