The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Axolotl Eggs vs Tiger Salamander

This is a discussion on Axolotl Eggs vs Tiger Salamander within the Axolotl Eggs, Larvae & Breeding forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; Hello friends. My friend's axolotl laid eggs and she gave me three of them. I've had my tiger salamander for ...

Axolotl Eggs, Larvae & Breeding Eggs everywhere, how did that happen? Will it be albino or wildtype?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th July 2015   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: meganderrick is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Axolotl Eggs vs Tiger Salamander

Hello friends.

My friend's axolotl laid eggs and she gave me three of them. I've had my tiger salamander for about 2 years, and I really do not know much about axolotls. The eggs have not hatched yet, any advice and tips would be greatly appreciated. I have no idea what i'm doing yet and I figured you all could help me out. Thanks in advance!

meganderrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2015   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 9
Comments: 18
Rep: Teeglor has shown reliable knowledge
Default Re: Axolotl Eggs vs Tiger Salamander

Axies and tigers are quite different despite being related. There are many enthusiasts who should be able to help you, until they comment, you should read these;

Caudata Culture Species Entry - Ambystoma mexicanum - Axolotl

Axolotls - Requirements & Water Conditions in Captivity

Axolotls - Frequently Asked Questions

Old 11th July 2015   #3 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: keiko has given good advice and informationkeiko has given good advice and informationkeiko has given good advice and information
Default Re: Axolotl Eggs vs Tiger Salamander

Do you have food ready for the axolotls when they hatch? They will be tiny and can only eat tiny live food such as freshly hatched BBS. Take a look at this link: rearing axolotls.

keiko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axolotl, eggs

LinkBack