The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Are these eggs dead?

This is a discussion on Are these eggs dead? within the Axolotl Eggs, Larvae & Breeding forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; Could someone please tell me if they think these eggs are dead? They arrived in the post earlier and some ...

Axolotl Eggs, Larvae & Breeding Eggs everywhere, how did that happen? Will it be albino or wildtype?

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bellabelloo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd April 2016   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 7
Rep: AmberLouiseT has started on the right path
Default Are these eggs dead?

Could someone please tell me if they think these eggs are dead? They arrived in the post earlier and some are slightly cloudy, one is like a yellow/golden blob, two look like half moon shapes BUT have little cloud-shapes forming in them, as if the embryo is falling apart or something.
They arrived covered in dirt or something and didn't look too great. The lady said they're close to hatching (two have hatched out already) but I'm SURE they're meant to look different.
If these are bad eggs, I'll throw them out and focus on my surviving two until new eggs are available.
Many thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Are these eggs dead?-20160423_163055.jpg   Are these eggs dead?-20160423_162606.jpg   Are these eggs dead?-20160423_162255.jpg   Are these eggs dead?-20160423_162937.jpg  

AmberLouiseT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2016   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 13
Rep: bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11
Default Re: Are these eggs dead?

I would say the first few pictures look like the eggs are not viable, the last photo they look like two are developing.

Last edited by bellabelloo; 23rd April 2016 at 22:30. Reason: Missed a space :/
bellabelloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2016   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 7
Rep: AmberLouiseT has started on the right path
Default Re: Are these eggs dead?

Thank you!! x

AmberLouiseT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axolotl, axolotl advice, axolotl eggs, axolotl help, help and advice, please!

LinkBack