The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

My two little Axolotl larvae. Can you check that they look normal, please?

This is a discussion on My two little Axolotl larvae. Can you check that they look normal, please? within the Axolotl Eggs, Larvae & Breeding forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; Hello, sorry to bother you but I was wondering if any of you could tell if my two babies are ...

Axolotl Eggs, Larvae & Breeding Eggs everywhere, how did that happen? Will it be albino or wildtype?

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Donna001

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th April 2016   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 7
Rep: AmberLouiseT has started on the right path
Arrow My two little Axolotl larvae. Can you check that they look normal, please?

Hello, sorry to bother you but I was wondering if any of you could tell if my two babies are 'normal' larvae.
They hatched early, and whilst in the post - the rest of the eggs went bad :/
They're still not really moving much except every once in a while, they twitch and swim a bit. The daphnia in there are tiny, and I'm wondering.. can daphnia be too small to attract the axolotl via movement?
Attached Thumbnails
My two little Axolotl larvae.  Can you check that they look normal, please?-20160425_192408.jpg   My two little Axolotl larvae.  Can you check that they look normal, please?-20160425_192323.jpg   My two little Axolotl larvae.  Can you check that they look normal, please?-20160425_192315.jpg   My two little Axolotl larvae.  Can you check that they look normal, please?-20160425_192256.jpg  

AmberLouiseT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2016   #2 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: Donna001 has given good advice and informationDonna001 has given good advice and informationDonna001 has given good advice and information
Default Re: My two little Axolotl larvae. Can you check that they look normal, please?

OMG, they are so cute it actually hurts.
They look amazing.
I don't have any experience with larvae, but the information in the link below says that young daphnia are a good food source.
Axolotls - Rearing from Egg to Adult

Donna001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2016   #3 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: AxolotlChris has given good advice and informationAxolotlChris has given good advice and informationAxolotlChris has given good advice and information
Default Re: My two little Axolotl larvae. Can you check that they look normal, please?

They are likely still digesting the egg sack so they won't be moving much. Give them a few days and they will feed on the small daphnia, just make sure there is plenty of daphnia available so they can always feed.

Tags
axololt, axolotl food, axolotl larvae, axolotls, daphnia, help and advice

LinkBack