The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Axolotl Eggs?

This is a discussion on Axolotl Eggs? within the Axolotl Eggs, Larvae & Breeding forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; I'm new to caring for axolotls. I was just wondering if anyone could help me identify what this was? I ...

Axolotl Eggs, Larvae & Breeding Eggs everywhere, how did that happen? Will it be albino or wildtype?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th May 2017   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: tnguyen is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Axolotl Eggs?

I'm new to caring for axolotls. I was just wondering if anyone could help me identify what this was? I was cleaning out my tank and i realized that there was something stuck on my fingers and I found 12 of these in my tank? they seem to look like eggs but I'm sure my two females were way too young to be able to breed, also saw there was alot of poop or something around them? not too sure if anyone could help me out that would be appreciated, not sure what to do with them, just found them about 3 days ago and I have never stumbled across this.
Attached Thumbnails
Axolotl Eggs?-18578722_1858457710834714_1197038599_n.jpg   Axolotl Eggs?-18601216_1858457737501378_1851791644_n.jpg   Axolotl Eggs?-18601496_1858457760834709_1128667916_n.jpg  

tnguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2017   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Tarabull is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Axolotl Eggs?

They are eggs. It's hard to see them clearly but do you have an albino and another type female? The eggs look a variety. After three days they should be starting to look more oval than round inside.

Tarabull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2017   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: tnguyen is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the confirmation
I realized that they're all different aswell,
some black, some white, some yellow/goldish marks
I've only got two females 1 Wild, 1 leucistic
and 1 Male leucistic i just checked them again today, two of them
i have noticed a change in two of the white ones would this indicate
the other eggs are duds?

tnguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2017   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Tarabull is an unknown quantity at this point

There is a great thread on axolotl.org that shows the development of the eggs and it shows what duds look like. If you plan on keeping some it is helpful.

Tarabull is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eggs, jelly, poop?, unfertilized eggs?

LinkBack