The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Walter and Banana Worm

This is a discussion on Walter and Banana Worm within the Axolotl Eggs, Larvae & Breeding forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; Maybe this should have been posted in the "Foods" forum, but, it concerns rearing baby Axies. I have had 3 ...

Axolotl Eggs, Larvae & Breeding Eggs everywhere, how did that happen? Will it be albino or wildtype?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th June 2017   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Galaxy is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Walter and Banana Worm

Maybe this should have been posted in the "Foods" forum, but, it concerns rearing baby Axies. I have had 3 lots of BBS fail, 2 normal eggs and 1 decapsulated. I am now waiting for the Hobby Artemia Hatcher to arrive. Meanwhile I have 20 hatchlings to feed, luckily both the Walter and Banana cultures are teeeming with worms. I have never used these before so, my question is ; How do you clean all the oaty/yukky gunk off them before feeding to the babies? They are the smallest worms I could buy and so far I have found no way of washing them clean. I would appreciate any help please.Thanks.

Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2017   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11
Default Re: Walter and Banana Worm

With white worms, I scoop them out with their dirt and put them in a container with so much water added to the dirt that they climb up the side of the container to get away from all that water, then I just scoop them off the side of the container. I don't know what you raise these worms in so not sure if this method would work though. Good luck.

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | My Blog
Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2017   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Galaxy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Walter and Banana Worm

Thanks for thr reply Otterwoman. My little ones haven't reached the Whiteworm stage yet , hence these other worms.These type live in a yukky gunky runny oatmeal sloppy stuff. They too climb up the sides of the tubs but take all the crud with them, they are the size of BBS and a nightmare to clean off. The new BS hatchery arrived today so hopefully I should have BBS shortly.

Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack