The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

I am confused? BBS VS. Daphnia

This is a discussion on I am confused? BBS VS. Daphnia within the Axolotl Eggs, Larvae & Breeding forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; I have been reading all over and it seems that I can not find the exact answer.... Hatchling Lotls (as ...

Axolotl Eggs, Larvae & Breeding Eggs everywhere, how did that happen? Will it be albino or wildtype?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd July 2017   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 1
Rep: IHeartCapnHook is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation I am confused? BBS VS. Daphnia

I have been reading all over and it seems that I can not find the exact answer....

Hatchling Lotls (as in 1-2 weeks old)

(Besides the obvious gut load) What is the better/healthier food for them? Daphnia or BBS?

I can't seem to find Daphnia anywhere local? And now I have to research for BBS locally to see if they even exist?

So which is better for babylotls? Where do I find food for the babies because my breeder had low stock and these little suckers eat A LOT!

IHeartCapnHook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2017   #2 (permalink)
2010 Research Grant Donor

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: michael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.org
Default Re: I am confused? BBS VS. Daphnia

If you do bbs you have to hatch your own. Daphnia is easiest if you raise your own. Bbs is easier but you need new hatches all of the time.

michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2017   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: IHeartCapnHook is an unknown quantity at this point

The BBS is easier of a set up and up keeping alive and well than the daphnia?

Nutritional value on both is just based on what you gut load them?

PS, Michael, I read somewhere along the different threads that your Lotls are gorgeous! Once I figure how to navigate this site I am going to axo-stalk you! I can't wait!

IHeartCapnHook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2017   #4 (permalink)
2010 Research Grant Donor

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: michael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

With the bbs they you constantly need a new hatch. The nutritional value is based on how fast you use them. I get bbs cysts from brineshrimpdirect.com Pet store eggs are some times stored wrong and have low viability.

My best seasons for axolotl availability are late winter and spring.

michael is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack