The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Axolotl eggs to a good home.

This is a discussion on Axolotl eggs to a good home. within the Axolotl Eggs, Larvae & Breeding forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; Hello everyone, My two "female" exolotls decided to have babies, which as you can imagine was a huge surprise to ...

Axolotl Eggs, Larvae & Breeding Eggs everywhere, how did that happen? Will it be albino or wildtype?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th August 2017   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Sfairch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Axolotl eggs to a good home.

Hello everyone,

My two "female" exolotls decided to have babies, which as you can imagine was a huge surprise to me. I've had them for about a year now, I guess sometimes it takes time for the males to mature and look like males (which one does now). The eggs were layed on June 25 and I've been painstaikingly seperating the fertile ones from the nonfertile ones and also changing the water every 2-3 days. A handful of them were cloudy inside the egg so I got rid of those. At this point the embryos started twitching and moving and I can see tiny heads and tails. I attached pictures of the proud parents and babies.

Anyway, of course this miracle of nature happened at the worst possible time (I won't bore you with the reasons), and I don't have the time to take care of the babies. I am hoping someone can take them and just pay for the shipping and materials cost. I'm in North Carolina.

Thanks all.
Attached Thumbnails
Axolotl eggs to a good home.-img_0608.jpg   Axolotl eggs to a good home.-img_1042.jpg   Axolotl eggs to a good home.-img_1438.jpg  

Sfairch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2017   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Sfairch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Axolotl eggs to a good home.

I forgot to mention the parents are Leucistic and the mom is GFP so about half should be GFP.

Sfairch is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack