The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Axolotl Eggs Dead?

This is a discussion on Axolotl Eggs Dead? within the Axolotl Eggs, Larvae & Breeding forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; Hi one of my axolotls has recently layed eggs, I have taken the eggs out from the tank the adults ...

Axolotl Eggs, Larvae & Breeding Eggs everywhere, how did that happen? Will it be albino or wildtype?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th August 2017   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Saxon is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Axolotl Eggs Dead?

Hi one of my axolotls has recently layed eggs, I have taken the eggs out from the tank the adults are in and put them in their own, I took some eggs off of the plastic plant then just put the plastic plant into the tank with them, lying horizontally. I had an airpump going on low but then turned it off after spme research, some eggs have already started growing and some have not, the eggs are around 11 days old and I don't know how to tell if they are dead. I took the ones I thought were dead out and put them into a seperate container just in case. Some eggs are white hut then the other side is black. Please help!!
Attached Thumbnails
Axolotl Eggs Dead?-image.jpg  

Saxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2017   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Saxon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Axolotl Eggs Dead?

I just found one hatched eggs swimming aroung?? What is going on!,
(The pic is not the swimming one))
Attached Thumbnails
Axolotl Eggs Dead?-image.jpg  

Saxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2017   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 13
Rep: bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11
Default Re: Axolotl Eggs Dead?

The first photo shows some will developed eggs in, sometimes not all the eggs develop.

Looks like some are now hatching

bellabelloo is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack