The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Feeding baby axolotls

This is a discussion on Feeding baby axolotls within the Axolotl Eggs, Larvae & Breeding forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; When do I know when I can stop feeding my axolotls bbs? Its been about 4 weeks and their front ...

Axolotl Eggs, Larvae & Breeding Eggs everywhere, how did that happen? Will it be albino or wildtype?

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By JessKB
  • 1 Post By John

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th April 2012   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: hosengthao is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Feeding baby axolotls

When do I know when I can stop feeding my axolotls bbs? Its been about 4 weeks and their front legs have grown in. Can I start feeding them live chopped up bloodworms now or not yet?

hosengthao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2012   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: JessKB is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgJessKB is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgJessKB is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgJessKB is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgJessKB is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgJessKB is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default Re: Feeding baby axolotls

The only way you'll know is if you try. They are probably big enough now to take finely chopped up blackworms. Take the blackworms and toss them in a plastic cup, tip it slightly so all the worms are in a little pool by the bottom rim, and go mad with some scissors. That's the easiest way to do it.

JessKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2012   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: hosengthao is an unknown quantity at this point

ok i'll give it a try! thank you

hosengthao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2012   #4 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 204
Comments: 118
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

If you use a razor blade, they can take chopped blackworms from the start.

Old 4th May 2012   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 24
Comments: 3
Rep: Martin21114 has given consistently good advice and informationMartin21114 has given consistently good advice and informationMartin21114 has given consistently good advice and informationMartin21114 has given consistently good advice and information

Awesome, my 4 little dinks just sprouted arms. time to get chopping!

Martin21114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2012   #6 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 3
Rep: axolotl lvr is an unknown quantity at this point

is blackworms the same as earthworms?? im confused

Old 4th May 2012   #7 (permalink)

Nationality: