The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Will they ever grow?

This is a discussion on Will they ever grow? within the Axolotl Eggs, Larvae & Breeding forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; I hatched some axolotl eggs and they grew a little since they hatched. I they have been only a few ...

Axolotl Eggs, Larvae & Breeding Eggs everywhere, how did that happen? Will it be albino or wildtype?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th May 2012   #1 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 5
Comments: 2
Rep: frogman has given consistently good advice and informationfrogman has given consistently good advice and informationfrogman has given consistently good advice and information
Default Will they ever grow?

I hatched some axolotl eggs and they grew a little since they hatched. I they have been only a few centimeters for about 2 weeks. They ate some freshly hatched brine shrimp at first but now they are eating ceopods. Any ideas?

frogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2012   #2 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 3
Rep: Linus is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgLinus is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgLinus is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgLinus is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgLinus is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgLinus is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default Re: Will they ever grow?

Temperature?

Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2012   #3 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: frogman has given consistently good advice and informationfrogman has given consistently good advice and informationfrogman has given consistently good advice and information

From 68f to 71f.

Old 9th May 2012   #4 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: Linus is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgLinus is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgLinus is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgLinus is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgLinus is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgLinus is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

Keep them well fed and watch how big they are in another two weeks!

Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012   #5 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

The father of the eggs was "gfp" so when will they start showing that trait if they have it?

Old 14th May 2012   #6 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: Jenste has given consistently good advice and informationJenste has given consistently good advice and informationJenste has given consistently good advice and informationJenste has given consistently good advice and information

if you hold a blacklight up to them now you might be able to see them "glow"

Old 15th May 2012   #7 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: axolotl lvr is an unknown quantity at this point

I have 9 hatchlings from both mom and dad gfp only 4 turned out to be gfp.. I had to buy a super duty blacklight and they didnt start to glow until their third week after hatching!! I keep my babies water between 62-65 degrees..

LinkBack