The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Good water for babies?

This is a discussion on Good water for babies? within the Axolotl Eggs, Larvae & Breeding forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; Okay, so I have a few little axolotls (by a few, I mean 12) that I'm tending to. I use ...

Axolotl Eggs, Larvae & Breeding Eggs everywhere, how did that happen? Will it be albino or wildtype?

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ChibiAxy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd May 2012   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: ChibiAxy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Good water for babies?

Okay, so I have a few little axolotls (by a few, I mean 12) that I'm tending to. I use API brand Stress Coat to clear the water of chlorine and it seems to work really well. It says to use 5 mL for every 10 gallons. My question is, if I use too much for the water I have in a container, is it harmful to my babies?

ChibiAxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2012   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 3
Rep: axolotl lvr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Good water for babies?

Well... im concerned with the stress coat.. is it slime free? Axies need the least amount chemicals as possible their skin is very very sensitive..

I use aquaeon water conditioner..

With my water conditioner if i use it much it doesnt hurt them at all...

Not sure about that stress coat as they are not fish and there is some ingredients in there can can be a issue..

Old 22nd May 2012   #3 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 3
Rep: Linus is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgLinus is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgLinus is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgLinus is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgLinus is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgLinus is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default Re: Good water for babies?

I just use water from the adult tanks, or in a bind Poland Springs bottled water. Less chemicals the better is kind of my philosophy.

Linus is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack