The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

When to switch food?

This is a discussion on When to switch food? within the Axolotl Eggs, Larvae & Breeding forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; I was wondering when I should switch my little "flock" from brine shrimp to frozen blood worms. They all currently ...

Axolotl Eggs, Larvae & Breeding Eggs everywhere, how did that happen? Will it be albino or wildtype?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd May 2012   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: ChibiAxy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default When to switch food?

I was wondering when I should switch my little "flock" from brine shrimp to frozen blood worms. They all currently have their front legs if that helps.

ChibiAxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2012   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 9
Comments: 12
Rep: Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11
Default Re: When to switch food?

So, they're about 2 inches long? If so, then yes, they should be at a size where they can handle bloodworm. You can also try chopped earthworm (portion sizes should be as long as the axolotl's mouth is wide), black worms, or small pellets (3mm).

Useful links: Forum Rules | Axolotl Caresheets | Axolotl Sanctuary | Axolotl FAQ| Water Quality FAQ | Caudata Culture Articles
Jacquie is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack