The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Baby axolotl water changes

This is a discussion on Baby axolotl water changes within the Axolotl Eggs, Larvae & Breeding forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; Hey guys, What is the best way to get water changes done? Thanks....

Axolotl Eggs, Larvae & Breeding Eggs everywhere, how did that happen? Will it be albino or wildtype?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th May 2012   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: bwidjaja1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Baby axolotl water changes

Hey guys,
What is the best way to get water changes done?
Thanks.

bwidjaja1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2012   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Dr0gr1n has given consistently good advice and informationDr0gr1n has given consistently good advice and informationDr0gr1n has given consistently good advice and information
Default Re: Baby axolotl water changes

I actually use a small plastic strainer to filter my larvae/juvies from the poo and other unwanteds. I then rinse them under my faucet and place them into a clean container.

I do live in the country though and have well water. I have done this all the way through the raising of my 30 juvies from eggs and have had no issues. 10 of those juvies are pushing sub adult sizes at 6 inches at the moment.

That is just how I do it, it works for me and turns a 20 min job into about a 5-10 min job.

Old 27th May 2012   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Rissa1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a container of water ready the night before to transferr the babies into. I use a tea strainer of a fish net to collect them and transferr them into the new container with clean water. Then I wash out the container they where in before an fill it up with water for the next day. I have started to use 2 containers now so I can seperate them so they have more room.

Rissa1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2012   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: bwidjaja1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Awesome, thanks guys.

bwidjaja1 is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack