The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Brine shrimp life span and when?

This is a discussion on Brine shrimp life span and when? within the Axolotl Eggs, Larvae & Breeding forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; Hey I have axie eggs ready to hatch, they wer layed on the 20th may and growing fast, and could ...

Axolotl Eggs, Larvae & Breeding Eggs everywhere, how did that happen? Will it be albino or wildtype?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th June 2012   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Aidan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Brine shrimp life span and when?

Hey I have axie eggs ready to hatch, they wer layed on the 20th may and growing fast, and could hatch within the next 10 days, I was wondering when should I prepare brine shrimp for them I am not sure of buying it now as I dont want them to die and my axies to starve, so when is the best time to have these prepared and how long will they live for?

Aidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2012   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Smdee has shown reliable knowledge
Default Re: Brine shrimp life span and when?

I would wait until the first eggs start hatching and then start the hatchery. The brine shrimp usually take 24 hours to hatch and the axie's will be munching on their yolk sac at first. I'm not exactly sure what the lifespan of brine shrimp are, but it's not very long...

Old 4th June 2012   #3 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 4
Comments: 7
Rep: xxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

The brine shrimp die fast in freshwater , you can keep them alive if you place them in a saltwater tank and feed them, check utube for "growing on brine shrimp", it is where i got the information from.

Old 5th June 2012   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: KEU131 has started on the right path

hi, i just want to ad to these questions, i used to have a clown fish in a salt water tank and have some left over frozen brine shrimp blocks, would these be ok to feed an Axolotl??

are brine shrimp the same as sea monkeys?? (thats just something i have always been curious about) haha

KEU131 is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack