The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Cannibalism

This is a discussion on Cannibalism within the Axolotl Eggs, Larvae & Breeding forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; Hello my new hatchlings are three days old and I can now see some with no gills at which they ...

Axolotl Eggs, Larvae & Breeding Eggs everywhere, how did that happen? Will it be albino or wildtype?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th June 2012   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Aidan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cannibalism

Hello my new hatchlings are three days old and I can now see some with no gills at which they once had, so I have decided to place them in trays like the one in the picture, 4 in 1 and 3 in the othersCannibalism-imageuploadedbytapatalk1339187007.491167.jpg, also would this be a cause of cannibalism at the right stage

When does it often occur?

Aidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2012   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 97
Comments: 46
Rep: Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11
Default Re: Cannibalism

They rarely begin to be cannibalistic at only 3 days old. Usually only when they get legs. I don't know why they would have lost their gills.

LinkBack