The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Axolotl Eggs on there way to hatching

This is a discussion on Axolotl Eggs on there way to hatching within the Axolotl Eggs, Larvae & Breeding forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; Well my new bestest internet mate ichris sent me a bunch of axolotl eggs. Currently there in a tank with ...

Axolotl Eggs, Larvae & Breeding Eggs everywhere, how did that happen? Will it be albino or wildtype?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd June 2012   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 2
Rep: AlienFirefox is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Axolotl Eggs on there way to hatching

Well my new bestest internet mate ichris sent me a bunch of axolotl eggs. Currently there in a tank with water and are forming there gills in the egg. Problem is chris sent them rapped up in paper to keep the eggs moist and the eggs have stuck to the paper like **** to a blanket so i had to put the paper in the tank as well which woried me as paper ferments. Anyways got some brine shrimp going and some microworms on the way and got some frozen daphnia handy. i have chinese containers for later seperation if need be and when they hatch i'll put an airston e in the tank. no substrate in the tank just bare bottom for now the tank is around a foot long and i have 2 of these tanks one for backup. any other suggestions would be greatest appreciated thanks.

AlienFirefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2012   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 97
Comments: 46
Rep: Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11
Default Re: Axolotl Eggs on there way to hatching

Don't worry about the paper in the tank, I've had to do that many times. It degrades very slowly, I wouldn't agree that it "ferments". Not in an aquarium anyway.

Add some live plants, or other material that has been in aquariums.

Enjoy!

Old 29th June 2012   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 2
Rep: AlienFirefox is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Axolotl Eggs on there way to hatching

ta mate
paper breaks up though and starts going rotten which is fermentation and i am happy now actually they should hatch in a couple of days monday i think they'll hatch going by the way there going. good well airated water seems best. thanks for all your help

AlienFirefox is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack