The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

I'm about to have hundreds of eggs

This is a discussion on I'm about to have hundreds of eggs within the Axolotl Eggs, Larvae & Breeding forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; One of my Golden females is about to start laying her second batch of eggs in 4 months. She layed ...

Axolotl Eggs, Larvae & Breeding Eggs everywhere, how did that happen? Will it be albino or wildtype?

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Dr0gr1n

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th January 2013   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Dr0gr1n has given consistently good advice and informationDr0gr1n has given consistently good advice and informationDr0gr1n has given consistently good advice and information
Default I'm about to have hundreds of eggs

One of my Golden females is about to start laying her second batch of eggs in 4 months. She layed almost 300 eggs last time. I caught her after just starting to lay and moved her to a laying container. I have had success with this idea before, since its easier to just take her out than to suck 100's of eggs out of my 40 gallon long community tank.

First two eggs
Caudata.org Newt and Salamander Forum - Dr0gr1n's Album: Axolotl - Picture

Isn't she a beautifully fat girl.

Temporary container to catch her eggs over the next 12-24 hours

Old 10th January 2013   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Dr0gr1n has given consistently good advice and informationDr0gr1n has given consistently good advice and informationDr0gr1n has given consistently good advice and information
Default Re: I'm about to have hundreds of eggs

Here is a short video taken about 12 hours after the pics I posted yesterday.

Looks like she has slowed down on the laying but there should be more to come.

LinkBack