The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Finally getting around to the pics of my babies!

This is a discussion on Finally getting around to the pics of my babies! within the Axolotl Gallery forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; Tank measures 12" x 30" x 24"; filled to about 14" deep. Mopani driftwood pieces with hides hollowed out in ...

Axolotl Gallery Post photos of axolotls and set-ups.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LippyNix

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th August 2017   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: LippyNix has given good advice and informationLippyNix has given good advice and information
Talking Finally getting around to the pics of my babies!

Tank measures 12" x 30" x 24"; filled to about 14" deep.
Mopani driftwood pieces with hides hollowed out in the sand under them (not that my axies hide much!).
Live plants: marimo moss balls, java fern, java moss, anubias barteri, moneywort (all from Aquatic Arts on Amazon - I'd highly recommend them for plants).
I'm waiting on another load of ghost shrimp as they are good little cleaners and I don't need to worry if they get eaten. They're not dangerous and are cheap enough to not hurt my wallet!
Axies were hatched in Dec. 2016 (accidentally - not by me, I found them on a local Facebook sales page), and I'm hoping they are both the same sex. They grew much faster than I expected (was under the impression it would take a year for them to reach 5-6". Obviously, I hadn't found this community yet! ) so I had to put them together before being 100% certain. I think it's looking like 2 females (any opinions?), and the leucistic has had black toes for a couple of months. The albino is still all white on the toes.
{Please ignore the not great photography and dirty glass! The light looks brighter than it is in these pics, and it doesn't bother them. Even when they are both sitting on the driftwood near the top, they don't react when I turn it on.}
Attached Thumbnails
Finally getting around to the pics of my babies!-albie-1-8-5-17-.jpg   Finally getting around to the pics of my babies!-8-5-17-3.jpg   Finally getting around to the pics of my babies!-albie-4-8-5-17-.jpg   Finally getting around to the pics of my babies!-toothless-3-8-5-17-.jpg   Finally getting around to the pics of my babies!-toothless-4-8-5-17-.jpg  

LinkBack