The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store Donate

Two Months

This is a discussion on Two Months within the Axolotl Gallery forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; It has been 2 months since my new axolotls arrived. My black one still needs a name and I am ...

Axolotl Gallery Post photos of axolotls and set-ups.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th June 2005   #1 (permalink)
cynthia

Gallery Images:
Comments:

It has been 2 months since my new axolotls arrived.
My black one still needs a name and I am open to suggestions.

This is Pea, look at that fat little face Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.

This is Doodad, big eyes and always hungry.

This the black one that still needs a name.
Old 11th June 2005   #2 (permalink)
madeleine

Gallery Images:
Comments:

How sweet Click the image to open in full size.

The unnamed one has a purple, burgandy colour happening there... almost like a little grape. Heh.
Old 11th June 2005   #3 (permalink)
rheann

Gallery Images:
Comments:

I named my black one Grimace because he's sort of purple, yet burgandy, and grey and has a face that looks like Grimace, that big purple thing from Mcdonalds Click the image to open in full size. but if it turns out he is a she, I am changing her name to Hush puppy. How about the black Axolotl Cumberbund? Or Barly or Bender? Those are cute names Click the image to open in full size.My black one has big eyes like Doodad! They'er adorable Cynthia! Ok, Its offical, Axolotls Know they're cute, and they just want to show it off! I love it!Click the image to open in full size.
Old 11th June 2005   #4 (permalink)
pamela

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Hey Cynthia -- super cute babies! I love all 3 of them. Better name that black one quick Let's see...you got a Pea, so how bout Plum, or you got a Doodad, how bout Gadget...
Old 11th June 2005   #5 (permalink)
joan

Gallery Images:
Comments:

The melanistic ones don't have eyes that are any bigger than the others, but their irises lack any iridescence, so they appear to be all pupil. I think they're awesome. Everyone should have a melanistic. They look almost velvety.

You should name it Snot. Once we were tearing apart the old house, and I had inhaled so much 1870's dust that I had black snot. Lol. Okay, that was gross, but that's the story behind Snot.
Old 12th June 2005   #6 (permalink)
anne-marie

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Wow, don't they look healthy Click the image to open in full size. Nice job.

How about Claret? Boris(black russian)? or my personal favourite - Bram?
Old 12th June 2005   #7 (permalink)
nathan

Gallery Images:
Comments:

why is bram your personal favorite
Old 12th June 2005   #8 (permalink)
grant

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Man I want a melanoid axie!! They looks so awesome!! Oh and Joan I know what you mean, I work in a shop with this really fine dirt all over it and everyday it gets all in my noes with the same black snot you had experienced lol.
Old 12th June 2005   #9 (permalink)
cynthia

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Thanks all for the nice comments and name suggestions. I still haven't picked out a name. It might have to wait until I know if it is male or female. Please feel free to keep suggesting names I am terrible at nameing axolotls.

I too have experienced the black nasal discharge.. ewww.

(Message edited by cynorita on June 12, 2005)
Old 12th June 2005   #10 (permalink)
grant

Gallery Images:
Comments:

I have a theme for my axies. My golden is named Yoda and soon I will be getting a melanoid (if I can locate one) and I will name it Darth Vader lol. What are your other axies names?
Old 12th June 2005   #11 (permalink)
cynthia

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Grant - The female in my profile picture is Blingbling. I have a dark wild type female named Echo, a lighter wild type female named Jude, and of course Pea and Doodad pictured above.

I never named the axolotls I have kept in the past, I just referred to them by what they were. i.e. "old golden female", "golden male with 5 legs", "little white male". Not real creative.
Old 14th June 2005   #12 (permalink)
heather

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Grant-Love the theme idea, I've got a theme going as well; my favorite actors!Click the image to open in full size.
My leucistic female is Catherine...zeta jones, my wildtype male is Antonio...banderas, and my freaky golden albino female is Uma...thurman.
toodles!
oh and cynthia, your little ones are completely adorable!
Old 15th June 2005   #13 (permalink)
grant

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Lol don't worry Cynthia I do the same thing with some of my other animals. I raise duroc swine and I just name them what ever number in in their ear lol. Then again they are raised to die...lol. But I would just name it something that has something that is another one of your interests like music, hobbies, or like Heather actors.

Tags
months

(View-All Members who have read this thread since 25th June 2014, 16:37 (Set) (Clear)

There are no names to display.